Dermaplaninng is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz) and dead skin cells. An excellent manual exfoliation. Can be done as a stand alone treatment or as a facial with a brightening chemical.
Using a scalpel and a delicate touch, the provider simply abrades the surface of the skin using light feathering strokes.
1) Promotes smoother skin, refines and refreshes dull, lifeless skin.
2) Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oil.
3) Dermaplaning enhances the effectiveness of other skincare treatments such as chemical peels and customized mask by providing deeper product penetration.
4) Reduces recent acne scars
5) Reduces fine lines
6) Produces immediate results with no downtime
All skin types may benefit from dermaplanning. A dermaplane is not recommended if you have active acne or an excessive production of sebaceous gland oil.
This treatment is recommended once a month for the best results.
No. This is physiologically impossible. There are two types of hair that grow on your body. Vellus hair, which when cut or removed will grow back the same size and shape, therefore, the main structure of vellus hair does not change and is not altered by dermaplanning. Terminal hair however, is physiologically coarse. When this hair type is cut it will always grow back coarse. Dermaplanning is designed to treat the vellus hair which is located on the face. Once vellus hair is cut it will maintain a blunt edge and this blunt edge will not physiologically alter the hair itself.